[CMake] CPACK RPM Gen not allowing symlinks.

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 09:35:42 EST 2010

2010/2/20 Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>:
> 2010/2/18 Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>:
>> On Thursday 18 February 2010, Schwartz, Philip wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have a few libraries to install with my build that are prebuilt. They
>>> consist of a .so and a symlink to the .so of .so.22. Currently when
>>> installing, things work correctly. But when I do rpm -qpl *.rpm, none of
>>> the symlinks are in the RPM. What can I do to fixs this?
>>
>> Which version of cmake are you using ?
>
> Just caming back from vacation... :-)
> This looks like an identified bug:
>
> Should be fixed in the current 2.8.1 RC, could you try it?

Concerning CPack documentation,
(including pending bug fixes)
you should be able to find valuable informations on the Wiki:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:CPackPackageGenerators#RPM_.28Unix_Only.29

and from the command line (since CMake 2.8.0):
cmake --help-module CPackRPM

--
Erk
http://www.april.org