[CMake] Missing Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\vsmacros\OtherProjects7

Wheeler, Frederick W (GE, Research) wheeler at ge.com
Fri Feb 19 15:22:16 EST 2010

On a new Windows XP machine I just installed MSVS 8.0 and CMake 2.8.0.
Running CMake on either VXL or GEVXL (an internal project) I get these
errors from CMake, usually several times each.

  error opening key:
Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\vsmacros\OtherProjects7
  error opening key:
Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\vsmacros\RecordingProject7

This machine does not have a
Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\vsmacros key anywhere.  I do see
that registry key on other machines with MSVS 8.0.  On the machine in
question I searched the entire registry for vsmacros, but found nothing.
I tried reinstalling MSVS 8.0, but that did not add those keys.  I did a
"repair" reinstall, not a full uninstall and reinstall.

Cmake still seems to configure and build both projects perfectly.  But
I'd welcome advice on identifying and/or correcting my root problem, or,
barring that, some way to silence the messages, assuming they are
harmless.

Thanks,
Fred Wheeler