[CMake] Windows Version in HEX

Aaron_Wright at selinc.com Aaron_Wright at selinc.com
Fri Feb 19 11:42:07 EST 2010

Thanks Michael. I guess I didn't understand what it was asking.

Aaron Wright

From:
Michael Wild <themiwi at gmail.com>
To:
Aaron_Wright at selinc.com
Cc:
cmake at cmake.org
Date:
02/18/2010 03:03 PM
Re: [CMake] Windows Version in HEX

On 18. Feb, 2010, at 23:34 , Aaron_Wright at selinc.com wrote:

> I have a boost::asio library that wants _WIN32_WINNT or _WIN32_WINDOWS
> defined to the hex version of windows, like 0x0501 for windows xp. I can

> get 5.1 from CMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION, but is there a hex version, or do I
> have to do some converting myself?

> Aaron Wright

That macro should be set to the minimum Windows version your software is
going to run on, this is not necessarily the same number as
CMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION. I think that's probably something you should/can
hard-code, since it indicates the minimum version of Windows you require
API-wise.

HTH

Michael