[CMake] CMake 2.8.1 RC 3 is ready to try

Ben Medina ben.medina at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 16:35:17 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 7:39 AM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> CMake 2.8.1 RC 3 is ready to try:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/?C=M;O=D
>
> Please try your projects with it.   If you find any issues, let me know. I
> think we are getting very close to the actual release.  Pretty much
> regressions only at this point, so PLEASE test your software with this
> release.

I just took it for a spin on the Windows side of my projects. It
worked flawlessly with VS2005 and VS2008. However, with VS2010, CMake
is re-run in the middle of the build. It happens as soon as I hit a
project that depends on Qt, and running of moc fails. Here is the
relevant output (with some names changed to protect the innocent):

19>------ Rebuild All started: Project: xxx_qt, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
19>Build started 2/18/2010 1:25:53 PM.
19>InitializeBuildStatus:
19>  Creating "xxx_qt.dir\Debug\xxx_qt.unsuccessfulbuild" because
"AlwaysCreate" was specified.
19>CustomBuild:
19>  Generating __/intern/moc_EventReceiverDestroyedListener.cxx
19>  Generating __/moc_GLDrawArea.cxx
19>  The system cannot find the path specified.
19>  moc: Cannot open options file specified with @
19>  Usage: moc [options] <header-file>
19>    -o<file>           write output to file rather than stdout
19>    -I<dir>            add dir to the include path for header files
19>    -E                 preprocess only; do not generate meta object code
19>    -D<macro>[=<def>]  define macro, with optional definition
19>    -U<macro>          undefine macro
19>    -i                 do not generate an #include statement
19>    -p<path>           path prefix for included file
19>    -f[<file>]         force #include, optional file name
19>    -nw                do not display warnings
19>    @<file>            read additional options from file
19>    -v                 display version of moc
19>  Building Custom Rule
C:/dev/vs2010/sdk/trunk/libs/integrationmanager/qt/_build/CMakeLists.txt
19>  CMake is re-running because CMakeFiles/generate.stamp dependency
file is missing.

You can see it successfully mocs one item, then fails on the next. Is
there a way to tell what commands it's giving to moc?

Thanks,
Ben