[CMake] vcproj .user files

Ryan Pavlik rpavlik at iastate.edu
Thu Feb 18 10:17:04 EST 2010

If it is overwriting, that means that the file you wrote was invalid.
Before starting VS, open the generated file and see if it matches what
you think it should - possible issues:
paths in cmake format rather than native format
incorrect quoting
incorrect path separators

I know that this works, because I do it.

Ryan

On 2/18/10 9:01 AM, Surya Kiran Gullapalli wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 19:22, Ryan Pavlik <rpavlik at iastate.edu
> <mailto:rpavlik at iastate.edu>> wrote:
>
>     Make sure you have quit the visual studio instance in that build
>     directory - VS assumes that only it modifies the .vcproj.user
>     files, so it does not detect changes and will overwrite a modified
>     file.  At least with 2.8.0, this works fine when visual studio is
>     closed.
>
>     Ryan
>

> But it overwrites again when VS is started. Also, when ever I modify
> CMakeLists.txt, I've to quit VS, this is a problem. I'll have to think
> some other solution.
>
> Surya

Ryan Pavlik
Human-Computer Interaction Graduate Student
Virtual Reality Applications Center
Iowa State University

rpavlik at iastate.edu
http://academic.cleardefinition.com/