[CMake] CTEST_UPDATE_COMMAND vs sparse working copy (was Re: continuous integration with CMake)

Tyler Roscoe tyler at cryptio.net
Wed Feb 17 19:03:28 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 04:16:15PM -0700, Clinton Stimpson wrote:
> On 02/17/2010 03:49 PM, Tyler Roscoe wrote:
> >On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 03:16:13PM -0700, Clinton Stimpson wrote:
> >
> >>Have you tried setting CTEST_UPDATE_OPTIONS to contain the extra
> >>arguments for
> >>updating the way you want?
> >>
> >This affects the svn update command itself (which is working fine
> >without further adjustment) but does not appear to affect the later svn
> >log and svn status calls which (I assume) are what CTest parses to
> >generate the Update log.
> >
> >Worse news for me: I don't think I can run "svn log projectA/ projectB/"
> >to try to only get logs for those areas I care about because:
> >
> >     svn: When specifying working copy paths, only one target may be given
> >
> >(I tried with URLs instead of working copy paths but that didn't work
> >either.)
> >

> What about multiple ctest_update() calls (one for each sub dir)?
> I've put in a request for that to be handled too.

It seems this would be a solution to my problem (maybe not as elegant as I'd
like since I would have to include information about what a
properly-configured working copy looks like in my build scripts (bad
encapsulation / duplication) but I'll take what I can get :p).

It looks like this feature has been implemented for ctest_configure()
and ctest_build() via the APPEND option. Any chance it has been secretly
added to ctest_update() but the documentation was forgotten (I'll check
on this tomorrow unless someone happens to know)? If not, how hard would
it be to add this functionality? Theoretically we could work from the
examples in ctest_build() and ctest_update(), which would simplify the
chore.

tyler