[CMake] where do libraries go?

Mika.Rajala at patria.fi Mika.Rajala at patria.fi
Fri Feb 12 08:46:06 EST 2010

Hi

I have multiple cmake projects and some of them generate shared libraries.

Now to run the program in debug mode, without running the install step, i
do ofcourse need the runtime shared libraries when i start the debug.

I have the problem that i can't get the path where the library is, so I
could tell the other cmake file to add that library to a search path.

One solution might be that I set some cmake variables so that all runtime
libraries are compiled to the same folder as the exe, but i'd rather keep
everything in their own directories.

Is this possible with cmake?

-mika