[CMake] Questions about CPack Debian generator

Thawan Kooburat kthawan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 21:11:40 EST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to create a Debian binary package using CMake/CPack and it
is quite a nice tool. I understand that CMake/CPack try to rely on
external tools as little as possible but there are 2 issues that I
encountered while using the Debian generator

1. Dependency list - It would save a lot of effort if I can hook a
call to dpkg-shlibdeps during the package generation. So that
dependency list can be filled.
2. File owner - Since the generator compress the file by itself, so
the owner of the files is user who compile them. However, a Debian
binary package is normally created by using "fakeroot dpkg-deb
--build", so that the owner of the files is root/root

Do you have any suggestion about these issues?

--
Thawan Kooburat

Graduate Student
Department of Computer Science