[CMake] How to avoid continuous download while using ExternalProjects

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Wed Feb 10 22:10:47 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:37 AM, David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com> wrote:
> If anybody has other ideas to share downloads between "Release" and "Debug"
> configurations, or other ways to avoid "unnecessary" downloads better, or
> other ideas for any ExternalProject improvement, I'm all ears. :-)

Caching for source tarballs would be a nice feature so that when you
clean the project you don't have to redownload them.  I pulled this
off with stamp files in CMakePorts I think with some suggestions from
you.  The problem of course is if you really want to remove the
downloads you need yet another target.

Also, for any that are interested, beta releases of zlib now have a
CMakeLists.txt in them.  It could use testing on Mac OSX and other
unix systems.
http://zlib.net/current/beta/

--
Philip Lowman