[CMake] How to avoid continuous download while using ExternalProjects

Luigi Calori l.calori at cineca.it
Wed Feb 10 09:37:19 EST 2010

Hi Michael:

They are more or less something like:

ExternalProject_Add(
    ${PACKAGE}
    SOURCE_DIR ${BASE_SOURCE}/${PACKAGE}/src
    BINARY_DIR ${BASE_BUILD}/${PACKAGE}/build
    INSTALL_DIR ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}
    URL http://www.zlib.net/zlib-1.2.3.tar.gz
    PATCH_COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -E copy
"${Package_Dir}/Patch/CMakeLists.txt" <SOURCE_DIR>/CMakeLists.txt
    CMAKE_COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND}
    CMAKE_ARGS
        ${Package_std_cmake_args}
)

The problem is that I do not know how to easily issue a re-build without
a re-download:
The steps are always done, even if there is something broken in the
configure or build step, so if I just clean the whole project, the
download happen again, even if the (patched)source dir is already there.

I am working in MSVC9, from the master project, a download is re-issued
even whn I switch from debug to release (i think because stamp file are
config dependent)

Thanks in advance.

Luigi