[CMake] Please support FindLAPACK/FindBLAS for C/C++-only projects

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Feb 5 12:55:24 EST 2010

Theodore Papadopoulo wrote:
> I'm attaching (for comments) a modified FortranCInterface.cmake that
> basically has two modes. If a fortran and
> a C compiler are available, it works as it does currently except for teo
> things:
> - Error messages when C or Fortran compiler is missing should be much
> more understandable....
> - If the source list is "", then create_fortran_c_interface creates
> generic macros if possible...
>  Eg: create_fortran_c_interface("" ""
> ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/src/fortran.h)

You've based this work on a *very* old version of FortranCInterface.
Please take a look at that in 2.8.0 or CMake from CVS HEAD.  It has
been totally rewritten and does much of what you propose already.

Your idea to query the functions from existing libraries is interesting
and does not currently exist.  I would be interested in seeing similar
changes implemented on top of the latest upstream FortranCInterface.

-Brad