[CMake] File permissions on CONFIGURE_FILE output

Chris Hillery chillery-cmake at lambda.nu
Wed Feb 3 06:04:04 EST 2010

> You probably didn't grep the man-page thoroughly ;-) It is documented as
> "file(<COPY|INSTALL>"

I did, actually! It ain't there on the online manual:

http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html#command:file

Moreover, your script doesn't work here with CMake 2.6.4. Maybe it was added
in CMake 2.8? I don't have that available for testing, but it's not in the
online documentation for 2.8 either:

http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8-docs.html#command:file

I'm glad it's apparently been added, but I guess it must be a very new
thing!

So, tell me - are there any other features for generically modifying file
permissions without copying the file?

Ceej
aka Chris Hillery