[CMake] Problem with FindQt.cmake or Qt 4.6.1 on Windows platform. CMake 2.8.0

Mika.Rajala at patria.fi Mika.Rajala at patria.fi
Wed Feb 3 01:47:37 EST 2010

Hi

I'm not certain if this should be here or in some Qt messageboard, but
here's the thing.

I had Qt 4.4.X version installed, and i wanted to upgrade to 4.6.1 for
nicer licensing.

I used the uninstaller to remove the 4.4.X version, and did everything
according to the install instructions for version 4.6.1

Everything seemed to be installed correctly, but FindQt4.cmake didn't work
anymore. I checked the files and found that on my windows platform it
was looking for Qt from the wrong location, still the 4.4.X place.

Modifying the value of the registry entry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trolltech\Versions;DefaultQtVersion]

to value:

4.6.1

fixed this problem since the FindQt4.cmake was using this value to locate
another registry path to find the directory where Qt is installed.

I thought i'd share this with you, it seems to work perfectly now.

Maybe it's because Qt installer didn't modify this value, or maybe it's
because i don't have the correct version of FindQt.cmake.

-Mika