[CMake] Relative (source files) vs Absolute (include files) path

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Feb 2 19:59:47 EST 2010

On 02.02.10 17:23:37, Brian Davis wrote:
> Why I care:
>
> Lets say that I someone wants to check the Visual Studio project goop
> produced by CMake in trunk and check out in a diffrent directory in their
> branch on another machine.  With absolute paths sprinkled all over
> effectively makes this impossible.

The files generated in the cmake build directory are not meant for
moving around, never have been. I didn't use the VS-generator yet, but
if the generated VS-files are in the builddir, then "someone" will need
cmake and generate a fresh builddir himself.

Andreas

--
Today's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why.
		-- Hunter S. Thompson