[CMake] Compaq Visual Fortran

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Feb 2 07:38:04 EST 2010

Arjen Markus wrote:
> Hi Brad,
>
> I just tested the patch - Compaq Visual Fortran is recognised,
> but not accepted - and added the Windows-f90.cmake file from the
> PLplot project to CMake's Modules\Platform directory. Now the
> compiler is accepted as well.

The "Windows-f90.cmake" name is the old naming convention that depended
on the compiler executable name.  The new convention is

I've committed the rest of the changes needed to recognize Compaq:

  Recognize the Compaq Fortran compiler
  /cvsroot/CMake/CMake/Modules/CMakeDetermineFortranCompiler.cmake,v  <--  Modules/CMakeDetermineFortranCompiler.cmake

Rename Windows-f90.cmake to Windows-Compaq-Fortran.cmake and put it
in your project under CMAKE_MODULE_PATH (under a Platform/ directory).
This should enable support in your project without needing any patches
to the current CMake in CVS HEAD.

Windows-f90.cmake in its current form is not ready for inclusion in
upstream CMake as Windows-Compaq-Fortran.cmake.  It sets several
variable that are not related specifically to Fortran.  We need to
refactor it a bit.  Please submit a feature request in the issue
tracker and include the module for further discussion.

> Note: I just saw there is already a Windows-df.cmake file in the
> repository, but I guess "df.exe" is not used as the name for a
> possible compiler.

That's a patch from you in 2006:

  http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=3950

-Brad