[CMake] CPack WiX patch

Tim St. Clair timothysc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 11:52:04 EST 2010

Inline..

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> Tim St. Clair wrote:
>>
>> CMake Community -
>>
>> I've created a patch for CPack to incorporate WiX (to create .msi's),
>> patch and info can be found @
>>
>> http://annealingtechnologies.blogspot.com/2010/02/wix-and-cpack-integration.html
>>
>> I pass the baton for others to push upstream.
>>
> This looks promising, thanks!
>
> Do you think we could use configure_file to create the .xml file like we do
> with the NSIS generator?

That is exactly what I do, but I do it prior to cpack running, but in
this case it would have to be a .xsl.

It would be best if this installer could use the
> standards set of CPACK_* variables to create an installer.  I maybe reading
> your code wrong, but I think the only thing that it is used is the list of
> sources.

I had planned on letting the user control their .xsl and minimizing
the number of variables, as you can only automate so much, but I will
let others decide.

Right now it's a first start and should be able to get folks rolling.

> For example, what to you get if you try to package Tutorial/Step7 with the
> WiX CPack generator?

I may take a look later, I have to finish my installer ;-)

--
Cheers,
Timothy St. Clair