[CMake] cpack, BundleUtilities, Qt and debug libraries on Windows

Crni Gorac cgorac at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 17:38:25 EST 2010

Am using BundleUtilities, in CPack-based Mac and Windows installers
for my Qt based project, exactly in the way described at following
Wiki page: http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/BundleUtilitiesExample.
Everything works fine, but there is slight problem with Windows
installer: namely, when plugins installed, seems like this
GLOB_RECURSE snippet in CMakeLists.txt file of the above mentioned
example is picking both debug and release plugin DLLs (I have Qt SDK
installed for Windows, MinGW/QtCreator version, and it had both debug
and release versions of all libraries installed), and then in turn
both debug and release versions of Qt libraries get put into
installer, which then get rather large in size...  I kind of
understand all of the relevant code in CMakeLists.txt of this test
project, and I tried somehow to have debug versions of the plugins
DLLs removed from corresponding list before fixup_bundle() call, but
to no avail so far.  So - does anyone maybe have some ready-made
example of change needed to have this problem fixed?

Thanks.