[CMake] Visual Studio 2010 Generator Missing?

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Dec 28 11:17:28 EST 2010

On Dec 28, 2010, at 9:45 AM, Micha Renner wrote:

>> Just a small piece of feedback. All the other Visual Studio generators are "in order", ie, VS 6, VS 7, VS 8, VS 9 so it made sense to look for VS 10 below VS 9. Was there a specific reason for putting VS 10 above VS 6 and thus "out of order"?
> The only reason I can think is that VS 10 starts with "1".
>
> For example:
> 1
> 11
> 111
> 2
> 3
> 4
>
> Greetings
> Micha

That would be it. The Generators are stored in a std::map which has a strict weak ordering at all times using the std::less algorithm. A fix would involve either moving to a different data structure (probably not likely unless it was API compatible with std::map) or a custom "compare()" functor that would "Do the right thing". I'll live with it as I don't have time to implement either one.

--
Mike Jackson <www.bluequartz.net>