[CMake] Most convenient way to pass information from dashboard script to cmake script

Wojciech Migda wojtek.golf at interia.pl
Mon Dec 27 09:56:20 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to pass information from a script executed for dashboard submission (ctest -S) to the underlying CMakeLists.txt which is to be parsed by (internally called by ctest) cmake. In other words, I'd like to have a system which will behave differently when configured directly through direct cmake invocation and through ctest -S script execution.

Path 1. "ctest -S" --(configure)--> "cmake" (has info from dashboard script)
Path 2. "cmake" (doesn't have info from dashboard script)

I'm using the 2.8.3 baseline.

1. I tried doing SET into CACHE from the dashboard script, but CMakeCache.txt was untouched,
2. --build-options looked like a way to pass info from ctest to cmake but apparently I cannot get it working like this (or maybe I misunderstood purpose of this option),

Obviously, I could set an environment variable, or use temporary files for sharing data, but at this moment these don't look elegant to me.

Thanks in advance,

Wojtek