[CMake] CPack 101

Mike McQuaid mike at mikemcquaid.com
Thu Dec 23 04:11:53 EST 2010

On 22 December 2010 22:24, Andreas Mohr <andi at lisas.de> wrote:
> To put it simply, I was just not happy the entire time while
> trying to implement this and not finding any satisfying (well-crafted) solution,
> only ugly, very bad or semi-failing workarounds.
> That kind of work should be _fun_, especially when it then results in a
> nicely working and fully automated result. It plain wasn't.

It's hard to understand exactly what your problems are other than just
learning CMake. I suggest you make a new thread and try and explain
these clearly, it's pretty hard to try and help from your previous
descriptions.

> I have to say that so far I'm quite happy with the sufficiently large
> infrastructure that I was able to create, it's just that many areas
> feel wanting (the entire BundleUtilities / install-time stuff
> is an example of that, too).

I agree. I think the install-time/CPack/dependency stuff needs some work.

--
Mike McQuaid
http://mikemcquaid.com