[CMake] copy_resolved_item_into_bundle doesn't copy when I want it to

Ben Medina ben.medina at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 18:44:58 EST 2010

Hello all,

I'm using fixup_bundle as part of my installation rules. One problem
I've run into is that if you build the install target multiple times,
fixup_bundle (or, more specifically, copy_resolved_item_into_bundle)
won't copy a library over if it's coming from the same location. This
causes a failure for the following workflow:

1. Build the install target.
2. Make a change to one of the libraries that fixup_bundle resolved for you.
3. Build the install target again.

The second time you build the install, the updated library does not
get copied, and any application that depends on the change in that
library will be broken.

Is there is reason copy_resolved_item_into_bundle doesn't just use
copy_if_different?

Thanks,
Ben