[CMake] How to inform the linker of segment properties

Steven Knock steven.knock at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 06:41:08 EST 2010

I am building a Windows DLL that has some of its global variables allocated
in a special shared memory segment.

In order to inform the linker (VS Express 2008) about the segment's
properties, I need to provide the following command-line parameter to the
linker:

/SECTION:.shared,RWS

Could anyone advise me of the recommended way to tell cmake to configure VS
Express 2008 to use this command-line parameter?

Currently, in my cmake file, I have a line like:

set (CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS "${CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS}
/SECTION:.shared,RWS")

but it appears to have no effect on the linker configuration in VS Express
2008.

Many thanks in advance,

Steven.