[CMake] CMake bug tracker discussion

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Dec 10 09:42:08 EST 2010

There are a few things we have already started to do that should help
with the bug tracker issue.

1. We hare having 4 releases of CMake each year.   After each release we
post to the list and ask people to "vote" for bugs they would like fixed
in the next release.

2. We are now sending all new bugs to the cmake-developer list.  This
way any CMake developer can start working on them or at least know about
them when the are opened.

I have a third idea that we have not yet tried:

What do people think of automatically closing bugs if they are not
modified for some period of time (say 6 months).   They can always be
reopened if the closed.   By closing them, it will notify those that
have expressed interest in the bug.  We could send the closed bugs to
the cmake-developer list just like the new ones.  That way all
developers will know that they are being closed.

-Bill