[CMake] Problem using Lahey Fortran Compiler

pellegrini pellegrini at ill.fr
Thu Dec 9 08:06:35 EST 2010

Hello everybody,

I would like to build a Fortran static library using the Lahey Fortran
Compiler.

When building my project with the following command:

cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" -D CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER=lf95 ..
--debug-trycompile

the build crash with the following starting line:

-- The Fortran compiler identification is unknown
-- Check for working Fortran compiler: C:/LF9556/Bin/lf95.exe
-- Check for working Fortran compiler: C:/LF9556/Bin/lf95.exe  -- broken
CMake Error at
C:/CMake2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestFortranCompiler.cmake:40
(MESSAGE):
  The Fortran compiler "C:/LF9556/Bin/lf95.exe" is not able to compile a
  simple test program.

  It fails with the following output:

   Change Dir:
C:/Datas/Eclipse_Projects/Fortran/crysfml/build/lf95_release/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

So it seems that the building was not able to even pass the testing
step. What I do not understand is:

  - why the compiler identification is unknown as Lahey compiler is
normally supported by CMake ? Is it really supported ?
  - why the test crashed as when I go to the CMakeTmp directory and run
explicitely the compilation of the test
    program (BTW a simple "hello world") the compilation works ?

any idea

thansks

Eric

--