[CMake] Simultaneous --build-and-test and CDash submission

Wojciech Migda wojtek.golf at interia.pl
Thu Dec 9 04:13:35 EST 2010

Hi,

I have unit tests configured for CDash submissions. Submissions do work if I issue in sequence TWO commands which go pretty much like this:

# configure the build system
${CMAKE_ROOT}${CMAKE_BINDIR}/cmake .
# build tests
make clean ; make
# run tests
${CMAKE_ROOT}${CMAKE_BINDIR}/ctest

However, when doing that CDash shows useful results only for the test phase - build info is missing and configure info shows only 3 lines despite removal of CMakeCache.txt.

So I attepmted using the build-and-test option. I would expect this to work:

/vob/tetra/tools/CMake/bin_linux_x86_64/ctest -D Experimental --build-and-test . . --build-generator 'Unix Makefiles' --build-makeprogram `which clearmake`

but it only builds and tests --- '-D' option seems to be ignored.

I also tried this:

/vob/tetra/tools/CMake/bin_linux_x86_64/ctest --build-and-test . . --build-generator 'Unix Makefiles' --build-makeprogram `which clearmake` --test-command ./test_command.sh

where test_command.sh executes 'ctest -D Experimental' but although it submission is achieved the CDash contents is the same as with the original two commands.

So my question is how to achieve CDash submission with 'scratch' configure info (just as if cmake was invoked on clean environment), build info (compilation warnings and such) and test results by issueing single command ?

Thanks for help,

Wojtek