[CMake] Creating CMakeLists files from Solutions, Projects and Makefiles

Andreas Mohr andi at lisas.de
Tue Dec 7 17:06:56 EST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 02:25:18PM -0500, cmake-request at cmake.org wrote:
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 13:14:19 -0600
> From: Paul Dean <aquawicket at hotmail.com>
> Subject: [CMake] Creating CMakeLists files from Solutions,	Projects
> 	and Makefiles

> I've been using CMAKE for a few years now and I absolutley LOVE it.
> It makes my life as a programmer so much easier to be able to generate project files on any platform.
>
> What hurts is doing the reverse.  I can't count how many hours I've spent converting Solutions, Projects and Makefiles into CmakeLists files.
>
> I think if CMAKE could generate CMakeLists files from Solutions, Projects and Makefiles, it would be the ULTIMATE make system.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vcproj2cmake/ ?

OK, it's not integrated, it's got its sizeable share of warts considering its
current sorta-pre-beta status (I've currently got lots of notes for
improvements in the near future though), but... it might just help after all,
you know ;)

> Just think. Any time you run into some sorcecode that does not have a CMakeFile, you could generate it from the Makefile or Project.

"some sorcecode" == 2MLOC on my side of the fence. It's working ok so far.

Andreas Mohr