[CMake] Creating CMakeLists files from Solutions, Projects and Makefiles

Paul Dean aquawicket at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 7 14:14:19 EST 2010

I've been using CMAKE for a few years now and I absolutley LOVE it.
It makes my life as a programmer so much easier to be able to generate project files on any platform.

What hurts is doing the reverse.  I can't count how many hours I've spent converting Solutions, Projects and Makefiles into CmakeLists files.

I think if CMAKE could generate CMakeLists files from Solutions, Projects and Makefiles, it would be the ULTIMATE make system.
Just think. Any time you run into some sorcecode that does not have a CMakeFile, you could generate it from the Makefile or Project.

I can't imagine any programmer that would not love that ability.  I think it would be something great to add to CMAKE.
What are everyones thoughts on that?

Paul Dean
I.T. Professional
714-341-4519