[CMake] Need some directions for non-trivial setup

Klaim mjklaim at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 05:59:49 EST 2010

> I would try to start with just one (base-)project, try to get
> everything in place and building the way you want it. If you're new to
> CMake, that's really the way to go. Once you have this base-project
> ready, you can think of starting a second project, using the
> base-project as EXTERNAL_PROJECT(), etc.

Yes, I started like that exactly.
I've setup a simple library project, with the minimum CMakeLists.txt file.
It generates correctly, find all required sources, correctly build when I
try to build with MSVC2010.

Now I tried to setup an executable project using this library project.
Maybe I'm kind of stupid but I can't find a clear exlpaination/documentation
about using EXTERNAL_PROJECT() so I failed so far to use it. Do you have a
simple example somewhere? I'm sure I missed something in the doc but can't
find what.

I'm also looking for a way to provide/retreive the include paths of those
external projects.