[CMake] CPACK on windows

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Dec 6 06:41:39 EST 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 3:37 AM, Otmane Lahlou <otmane.lahlou at c-s.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got no answer for this,
>
> Can someone tell me whether doing this with CMake is possible.

Yes, it is possible. I do not have time to go into details and tell
you exactly how to do it, but if the built-in functionality provided
by CPACK_PACKAGE_EXECUTABLES and CPACK_NSIS_MENU_LINKS do not give you
sufficient control, you can always customize the NSIS input file that
CPack uses to tell NSIS how to build the installer.

See these threads that talk about customizing NSIS.template.in:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2007-January/012649.html
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2010-July/037862.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/cmake@cmake.org/msg13128.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/cmake@cmake.org/msg28390.html

( All found by googling for "customize cpack nsis template" )

HTH,
David