[CMake] Configure common headers for Visual Studio 2010 Express

Tron Thomas tron.thomas at frontier.com
Fri Dec 3 00:34:55 EST 2010

I'm developing a cross platform application written in C++, and I'm
using CMake to configure the build settings for each platform.
The project has common include files that need to be applied to all the
targets built in the project.  To that end, the beginning of my main
CMakeList.txt script looks something like this:

project(MyProject)
include_directories(${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/Common)

When I configure the project to build with the express version of Visual
Studio 2008 everything works fine and the common header files are
applied to all targets

When I configure the project to build with the express version of Visual
Studio 2010, however, these common header are not applied to any targets
and many compilation errors result when building.

I am using CMake version 2.8.3 on Windows 7 Enterprise.
What is needed to get CMake to configure things properly for Visual
Studio 2010 Express?