[CMake] [cmake-developers] Bug fix requests for the *next* release of CMake...

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Aug 31 18:35:07 EDT 2010

Great idea!

There is now a roadmap page in Mantis for the CMake project.
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/roadmap_page.php

It has 33 issues listed as targeted for 2.8.3. 17 of these (51%) are
resolved: fixed in 'next' already, or "won't fix"... ever.

The remaining 16 shall be fixed (or marked as postponed to the next release)
over the next couple of weeks, and then we'll be ready for the first RC of
CMake 2.8.3.

Thanks to all of you who participated in this thread. It helped us organize
around what people think is most important.

Cheers,
David Cole
Kitware, Inc.

P.S. -- there were 40-something issues mentioned specifically in this
thread. The 33 listed on the roadmap plus the following 13, which we decided
should be looked at for a future release, if ever, but certainly not in the
time remaining before 2.8.3....

There should be a note attached to each of these that says something like
"not working on this for 2.8.3"...

Thanks,
D.