[CMake] Shared library problem in Windows

Ashika Umanga Umagiliya aumanga at biggjapan.com
Tue Aug 31 02:27:33 EDT 2010

Greetings all,

Please refer to the image at :

http://i34.tinypic.com/30w85xt.png <http://i34.tinypic.com/30w85xt.png>

I use MinGW,QT and CMake for my project.
As shown in the figure, my project has two modules.

* libRinzoCore.DLL : a shared library which define some abstract classes
and interfaces and some core functionality of the application.This
module is used to implement dynamic Plugins (which are also shared
libraries which automatically loaded by the application) .

* Rinzo.exe     : the main application.This uses "libRinzoCore" classes.

"libRinzoCore" mainly developed using QT objects and link against the QT
library.
"Rinzo.exe" also uses QT library objects,some are not being used in
"libRinzoCore".So I have to link QT Library and "libRinzoCore" with this
executable.

I can compile "libRinzoCore" without problems and it generated two files
"libRinzoCore.DLL" and "libRinzoCore.DLL.a"

But during compiling "Rinzo.exe" it gives the following output :

Linking CXX executable Rinzo.exe
    Info: resolving IRzPlugin::staticMetaObject       by linking to
__imp___ZN9IRzPlugin16staticMetaObjectE (auto-import)
    Info: resolving IRzViewerPlugin::staticMetaObject        by linking
to __imp___ZN15IRzViewerPlugin16staticMetaObjectE (auto-import)
    Info: resolving IRzLayeringPlugin::staticMetaObject        by
linking to __imp___ZN17IRzLayeringPlugin16staticMetaObjectE (auto-import)

 C:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe:
warning: auto-importing has been activated without --enable-auto-import
specified on the command line.
    This should work unless it involves constant data structures
referencing symbols
     from auto-imported DLLs.
    [100%] Built target Rinzo

And when executing "Rinzo.exe" it crashes with the message (this is a
translation from Japanese error message)
But in linux (with GCC) this works fine.

Any tips?

PS:

Here are my CMake files for

libRinzoCore :