[CMake] Using mingw from cygwin terminal (/cygwin directory problems)

Tam Toucan dr at tamtoucan.com
Mon Aug 30 15:14:51 EDT 2010

Hi,
    I've just started converting my projects from autotools to CMake and
I've hit a simple problem. I want to compile from a cygwin terminal, but
using mingw32 (cygwin gcc has removed the -mno-cygwin option). I'm using

SET(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER "mingw32-g++")
FILE(GLOB foo_SOURCES RELATIVE ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR} *.C)
ADD_LIBRARY(foo STATIC ${foo_SOURCES})

but that tries to compile the source at an absolute path of

    /home/Tam/src/foo.C

but mingw can't see that directory since from a windows point of view
the source is

     /cygwin/home/Tam/src/foo.C

how should I be doing this? I thought I'd just try it from a Windoze
command window (just to see if I could get it working, but I really
don't want to have to use it), but when I run cmake is still picks up
/usr/bin/c++.exe at the default and tries to compile using /home for all
the paths.

    Cheers.