[CMake] Cmake with wxWidgets ribbons

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Mon Aug 30 14:57:31 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2010/8/30 assume_R:
>> Hello.  First post to the mailing list.  Just thought I'd share a bug I
>> found and fixed.
>>
>> The new version of wxWidgets (>= 2.9) contains a "ribbons" library, which
>> emulates the ribbon UI of MS Office and newer Windows 7 applications
>> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribbon_(computing)).

Hello.

Thanks for reporting the bug and posting a fix.

>> However, the FindwxWidgets.cmake file in the "Modules" directory of cmake
>> needs to have the following modifications for the ribbons library to work:
>>
>> 1. Line 306 "FOREACH(LIB core adv aui html media xrc dbgrid gl qa richtext)"
>> Should change to "FOREACH(LIB core adv aui html media xrc dbgrid gl qa
>> richtext ribbon)"

This is already applied together with several other libs:

http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=6bbf2a0e8e983b193e48ad1b227c46cf6ea9a85b

>> 2. Line 347 "FOREACH(LIB core adv aui html media xrc dbgrid gl qa richtext)"
>> Should change to "FOREACH(LIB core adv aui html media xrc dbgrid gl qa
>> richtext ribbon)"

However, I forgot to add them to the code that clears the variables...
I'll fix this.

>> Then, you can simply type "find_package (wxWidgets REQUIRED base core
>> ribbon)" in your CMakeLists.txt file, for example, to add the ribbon UI to
>> your cmake-handled project!
>>
>> Hope this helps someone, and hopefully this can be added to the next version
>> of cmake!  I wasn't sure if I should have submitted a bug report or not,
>> since it would be immediately opened and closed.

It doesn't hurt to check the bug tracker in case someone already
reported it and you can provide feedback, but in this case it is a
simple change. This e-mail is sufficient.

> You can check who is the maintainer of this module there:
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Module_Maintainers
> he/she should usually be subscribed to the list but....
>
> if ever you do not get any feedback, "after some times",
> may be a gentle direct e-mail with a patch attached would
> be a good way be sure your feedback is taken into account.

I am subscribed, but I don't read it as often as I should... so the
email that Eric suggests is a good idea. You don't have to be too
gentle though ;)

Thanks again for the report.

--Miguel