[CMake] Cmake with wxWidgets ribbons

assume_R assurem at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 07:51:20 EDT 2010

Hello.  First post to the mailing list.  Just thought I'd share a bug I
found and fixed.

The new version of wxWidgets (>= 2.9) contains a "ribbons" library, which
emulates the ribbon UI of MS Office and newer Windows 7 applications (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribbon_(computing)).

However, the FindwxWidgets.cmake file in the "Modules" directory of cmake
needs to have the following modifications for the ribbons library to work:

1. Line 306 "FOREACH(LIB core adv aui html media xrc dbgrid gl qa richtext)"
Should change to "FOREACH(LIB core adv aui html media xrc dbgrid gl qa
richtext *ribbon*)"

2. Line 347 "FOREACH(LIB core adv aui html media xrc dbgrid gl qa richtext)"
Should change to "FOREACH(LIB core adv aui html media xrc dbgrid gl qa
richtext *ribbon*)"

Then, you can simply type "find_package (wxWidgets REQUIRED base core
ribbon)" in your CMakeLists.txt file, for example, to add the ribbon UI to
your cmake-handled project!

Hope this helps someone, and hopefully this can be added to the next version
of cmake!  I wasn't sure if I should have submitted a bug report or not,
since it would be immediately opened and closed.

-assumeR