[CMake] Example using ExternalProject for configure+make and/or Win32?

Clifford Yapp cliffyapp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 00:02:50 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Brian Davis <bitminer at gmail.com> wrote:

> there is :
>
>>            [CONFIGURE_COMMAND cmd...]  # Build tree configuration command
>
> so may be this works.  I have not used it so I can not speak to it.
> problem will be if on Windows systems is finding an autotools that would
> work such as cygwin or msys.

I'm experimenting with that option now - autotools requires other
steps to be run before producing a configure file, but it looks like
the traditional way of stringing the commands together with && is
working, as long as the OS in question lets me get away with it.

I expected to have to do an IF(WIN32) ELSE conditionalization of the
ExternalProject - after all, common build system logic between $WORLD
and Windows is the primary reason I'm trying out CMake.  The goal is
to not require cygwin or msys - we can build BRL-CAD currently on
Windows without them, but have to maintain an entire separate msvc
build system to do so.  I might be prepared (if it becomes do-or-die
for a true cross platform build) to write CMake files for Tcl and Tk,
but past experiences make me doubtful that they would interest the
Tcl/Tk community.

Cheers,
CY