[CMake] makefile to CMakeLists.txt, possible?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 10:12:00 EDT 2010

2010/8/19 Mr Shore <shore.cloud at gmail.com>:
> Basically, cmake parsor can understand makefile, that's why it can generate
> makefile from CMakeLists.txt,

As far as I know CMake does NOT understand Makefile it does **generates**
makefiles which is totally different story.

Again AFAIK CMake is never **reading** a Makefile.

I invite you to verify my feeling from the CMake source code.

> Just the other way around,why can't it 100% convert a makefile to
> CMakeLists.txt?

Just as with foreign language, because of the semantic.

Usually I am able to say what I want in english without trouble.
But give me some litterature in english to translate back to my
native language and I'll get stuck after 2 pages or 2 lines depending
on the author.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org