[CMake] Changes from 2.4.8 to 2.6.4

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 03:40:04 EDT 2010

2010/8/17 Orion Poplawski <orion at cora.nwra.com>:
> On 08/17/2010 02:58 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tuesday 17 August 2010, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm contemplating updating the version of cmake in EPEL[1] 5 from 2.4.8
>>> 2.6.4
>>
>> Why not go directly to 2.8.2 ?
>> I think there are no known regressions.
>
> Out of my hands.  RHEL6 will ship with 2.6.4 and there needs to be a direct
> upgrade path.

Then may be both can be proposed ?

If you want to avoid the "automatic 2.8" upgrade for "RHEL6"
compatibility reason
then providing an alternative cmake2-8 package may interesting?

CMake 2.6.4 is already more than 1 year old, which may be seen as a stability
advantage but now that 2.8.x is the maintained version providing both 2.6.4 and
2.8.x as an alternative package may be interesting.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org