[CMake] Bug fix requests for the *next* release of CMake...

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Aug 17 11:18:56 EDT 2010

     There may possibly be renewed support for a "CMakeified" version
of Boost. Boost 1.44 was just released and it looks like at least one
individual "http://gitorious.org/~denisarnaud/boost/denisarnauds-zeuners-boost-cmake/commits/1.44.0-denis
" is keeping the boost-cmake up-to-date with the latest boost from
SVN. The problem that occurs is that with the defaults that the boost-
cmake project uses for installation there is some deviation from the
official Boost-bjam based builds. Namely boost-cmake uses versioned
include and library directories: $BOOST_ROOT/include/boost-1.44.0/ and
$BOOST_ROOT/lib/boost-1.44.0
   The current FindBoost.cmake does not know to look for these
directories and so if someone builds boost with boost-cmake and then
tries to use that installation with CMake 2.8.2 to
"find_package(Boost ....)" it will not find boost.

There are just a few extra lines to be added to the FindBoost.cmake
file to alleviate this "disconnect". There are also
"BoostConfig.cmake" and "BoostConfigVersion.cmake" files included in
the boost-cmake distribution which I supposed is useful.

Thoughts?
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio