[CMake] ctest: Empty reply from server

Lorenzo Natale lorenzo.natale at iit.it
Tue Aug 17 09:35:02 EDT 2010

Hi all,
we have recently started using CTest. We set up five machines three
Linux, a Mac and a WindowsXP for continuous and nightly builds and our
own dashboard. All works well, expect the WindowsXP machine (CMake/CTest
2.8.2) which refuses to log on the dashboard with the error:

Submit files (using http)
   Using HTTP submit method
   Drop site:[..]
Error when uploading file: [...]/20100816-2200/Build.xml
   Error message was: Empty reply from server

This message sporadically appeared/disappeared in the past but became
consistent since a few days. Since all other machines work perfectly I'm
inclined to think it is a problem of the client (and not of the
dashboard), but I have no idea what might be going wrong.

Any help or information on how to further debug this problem would be
(really) appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Lorenzo