[CMake] Doesn't "make -k" work with CMake?

Johan Holmberg johan556 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 08:06:21 EDT 2010

Hi!

I have been working on porting some applications built with CMake, and
initially I get a lot of compile errors. I work on Linux and have been
using the Makefile:s generated by CMake to build, using "make -k" at
the top build directory.

I assumed the the "-k" flag would take care of building "as much as
possible" globally in my whole build tree. But I just discovered that
"new errors" appear when I have made some parts compile without errors
(e.g a library many applications depend on).

Doesn't "make -k" work globally in a CMake-based build tree?
Is this a consequence of CMake:s use of recursive make calls?
And can I get the same effect as "make -k" in some other way?

 I have now switched to trying to use "make -i", but as far as I
understand it does *too much*, e.g. trying to link a program where
some object files failed (maybe I can live with that ...).

/Johan Holmberg