[CMake] D support

SK sk at metrokings.com
Sat Aug 14 02:30:02 EDT 2010

Hello List,
I've taken an interested in D lately and in order to play around
there, of course I want CMake.  There was an effort in 2007 to support
D, since abandoned, but I'm trying to take up the cause.

The project is just getting off the ground here:
http://code.google.com/p/cmaked2/source/checkout.  At this point,
cmaked is only known to work for the dmd compiler in 32-bit Fedora 13.
 I based D support on the C compiler support in the latest git
version.  Mostly just copying and tweaking without deep insight.

So, my questions:
1) Is this the right place to post and review the code?  I would much
appreciate the guidance.
2) Can someone provide an overview of steps necessary to make D
support an official part of CMake?  Is this even reasonable?
3) Is there some cross-platform test infrastructure I can (eventually)
piggy back onto?

Thanks,
-steve