[CMake] Support for multiple components in cpack

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 17:39:13 EDT 2010

2010/8/11 Thawan Kooburat <kthawan at gmail.com>:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I read though this thread and also two bug reports related to this issue.
>
> It seems like it will take a while because of CPack design issue. Do
> you think there will be any workaround or small hack to make this work
> with current CPackRPM?

I think it can go faster than you think :-)

The builtin CPack API design issue has just been fixed
and merged to next:
http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=log;h=632c2659

So this should end-up in next CMake release.

The redesigned API
let the specific generator decide the number AND the name
of the generated packages.

Now I will rebase my previous patchset for ArchiveGenerators
based on that new API.

Then after that I will tackle the RPM and DEB.

As usual, I cannot ensure any deadlines for those two but if you
want to help you can checkout next and propose some patches
for RPM component support. There shouldn't be any design issue
left now.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org