[CMake] 64 bit windows: rsp file not employed in build.make

Verweij, Arjen VerweijA at tass-safe.com
Mon Aug 9 12:39:48 EDT 2010

Hi Bill,

>> I'm also unsure why in one case the linking is done through link.exe and by
>> lib in the other.

>One is using visual studio, and one is using the intel compiler.  They
>have different files in the Platform directory.  That is why they can be
>different.  See Windows-icl.cmake.

Thanks, that was silly to overlook.

Both link rules for static libraries however do not contain ${CMAKE_START_TEMP_FILE} or ${CMAKE_END_TEMP_FILE} yet one platform I end up with objects1.rsp but on the other the lists of objects are passed as arguments to lib. Is there some implicit rule for static libraries when using cl.exe?

Regards,
Arjen

cl.cmake:

# create a C++ static library
SET(CMAKE_CXX_CREATE_STATIC_LIBRARY  "<CMAKE_LINKER> /lib ${CMAKE_CL_NOLOGO} <LINK_FLAGS> /out:<TARGET> <OBJECTS> ")

Windows-icl.cmake:

# create a C++ static library
SET(CMAKE_CXX_CREATE_STATIC_LIBRARY  "lib ${CMAKE_CL_NOLOGO} <LINK_FLAGS> /out:<TARGET> <OBJECTS> ")