[CMake] still having a problem with PackageMaker, and now DEB

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 07:14:13 EDT 2010

2010/8/7 Chris Wolf <cw10025 at gmail.com>:
> On 8/6/10 8:55 PM, Eric Noulard wrote:
>>
>> Did you try the command line?
>>
>> cpack -D CPACK_PACKAGING_INSTALL_PREFIX="/opt" -G DEB
>>
>> it works for me.
>>
>> if it works for you may be
>> CPACK_PACKAGING_INSTALL_PREFIX is set to late
>> in the CMakeLists.txt?
>>

> Yes, I tried that about 8 hours ago: http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2010-August/038785.html
>
> I have to say NOW it's working.  Sorry - I suppose I was changing too many things at one back then
> and I was missing something.
>
> Ok, this issue is resolved, thank you.

Good to know.

[...]
> Sorry to beat a "deadhorse", since I see this has already been discussed:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/cmake@cmake.org/msg16180.html
>
> I think that guy had a good proposal - being able to control path prefixes
> at a per/generator level.  I guess for now, I can just run cpack multiple
> times with path/generator options on the command line.

I think you are right, command line is the current best way to go.
Now having a Generator Specific
CPACK_<GEN>_PACKAGING_INSTALL_PREFIX
wouldn't be that difficult to implement.

Now when enough [wo]man power will be given in
this can be discussed.

Re-read the bug comments and may be add your ideas there.

And I do not think the horse is dead, we are merely waiting
for a jockey for ridding bug #7000 :-)

--
Erk
http://www.april.org