[CMake] FindMatlab tips?

Brian Davis bitminer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 17:46:42 EDT 2010

I think Ryan's comments help support my assessment of FindWhatevers.  Add
recently downloaded GTK in GLade 3.6 for windows and can now add this to
list of not working FindWhatevers.  find_package( GTK2 ) of course does not
work for this as of today.

Statements like

"CAUTION: The contents of this page may be obsolete"
and
"The information in the How to write a FindFoo.cmake module section is
somewhat dated. "

at http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:How_To_Find_Installed_Software regarding
how to write a FindWhatever probably are not helping would be developers.

You might find this interesting regarding PATHS and HINTS  of
find_package(cuda) :
http://www.mail-archive.com/cmake@cmake.org/msg26348.html

http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8-docs.html#command:find_package

You might be interested in:

-snip--
  find_package(<package> [version] [EXACT] [QUIET]
               [[REQUIRED|COMPONENTS] [components...]] [NO_MODULE]
               [NO_POLICY_SCOPE]
               [NAMES name1 [name2 ...]]
               [CONFIGS config1 [config2 ...]]
               [HINTS path1 [path2 ... ]]
               [PATHS path1 [path2 ... ]]
               [PATH_SUFFIXES suffix1 [suffix2 ...]]
               [NO_DEFAULT_PATH]
               [NO_CMAKE_ENVIRONMENT_PATH]
               [NO_CMAKE_PATH]
               [NO_SYSTEM_ENVIRONMENT_PATH]
               [NO_CMAKE_PACKAGE_REGISTRY]
               [NO_CMAKE_BUILDS_PATH]
               [NO_CMAKE_SYSTEM_PATH]
               [CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_BOTH |
                ONLY_CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH |
                NO_CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH])

2. Search paths specified in cmake-specific environment variables. These are
intended to be set in the user's shell configuration. This can be skipped if
NO_CMAKE_ENVIRONMENT_PATH is passed.

   CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH
   CMAKE_FRAMEWORK_PATH
   CMAKE_APPBUNDLE_PATH

3. Search paths specified by the HINTS option. These should be paths
computed by system introspection, such as a hint provided by the location of
another item already found. Hard-coded guesses should be specified with the
PATHS option.

7. Search cmake variables defined in the Platform files for the current
system. This can be skipped if NO_CMAKE_SYSTEM_PATH is passed.
CMAKE_SYSTEM_PREFIX_PATH
CMAKE_SYSTEM_FRAMEWORK_PATH
CMAKE_SYSTEM_APPBUNDLE_PATH

8. Search paths specified by the PATHS option. These are typically
hard-coded guesses.

--end snip--

If you try CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH post back if it worked/did not work as I have
not tried it.  I finally got smart... and gave up tying to get it to work.