[CMake] ifort 9.1 unable to compile a simple test program

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Aug 6 11:48:53 EDT 2010

On 08/06/2010 11:26 AM, Verweij, Arjen wrote:
> I can execute the linkline manually and it seems to link fine.
> How can I debug what's going on?
[snip]
> -- The Fortran compiler identification is unknown

This is the first problem which may cause the others.  CMake does not
recognize the compiler as Intel and thus may not be passing proper flags
to it for the later tests.  Please post the CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log file.

There should be a

  CMakeFiles/CompilerIdFortran/CMakeFortranCompilerId.F

file in your build tree.  Does it have any files next to it?
If so, please send them to me off list (they are executables
and thus mail filter systems may not like them).

Either way, please try compiling that source file manually with

  ifort -fpp CMakeFortranCompilerId.F

-Brad