[CMake] Virtual Studio 8 and 10 error: '/Tc' requires an argument

John McGehee cmake at voom.net
Thu Aug 5 22:16:43 EDT 2010

I have my CMake build, test and install working on Linux, and now I'm trying to get it to build on Windows.

On Windows XP SP3, I have installed:
    CMake 2.8.2
    Virtual Studio Express 9 and 10

CMake Configure and Generate for either Virtual Studio 9 or 10 run without error.

In VS, I open the project or solution, and execute the VS "Build > Build BUILD_ALL" command.  The cl compiler fails with the error,

  ------ Build started: Project: dp42, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
  Compiling...
  cl : Command line error D8004 : '/Tc' requires an argument

The same thing happens when I generate for and build on VS 9 and 10.  What is the problem here?