[CMake] Misleading error message when enforcing version from foo-config-version.cmake

Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian adolfo.rodriguez at pal-robotics.com
Wed Aug 4 10:25:32 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm writing a package config file foo-config.cmake, and I'm providing
version checking via the foo-config-version.cmake. Everything works fine,
but I've noticed that when version checking fails, the reported error
message is uninformative and misleading. It states:

<quote>
Could not find module FindFoo.cmake or a configuration file for
  package Foo.

  Adjust CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to find FindFoo.cmake or set Foo_DIR
  to the directory containing a CMake configuration file for Foo.  The
  file will have one of the following names:

    FooConfig.cmake
    foo-config.cmake
<quote/>

I would expect something more in the lines of "Unable to find a compatible
Foo version.", which I can still provide in my foo-config-version.cmake. I
guess I would just like the above message not to be shown to prevent user
confusion (foo-config.cmake exists and can be found). Does this sound like a
ticket?.

TIA,

Adolfo

--
Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian, Ph. D.

Robotics engineer
PAL ROBOTICS S.L
http://www.pal-robotics.com
Tel. +34.93.414.53.47
Fax.+34.93.209.11.09
AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD: Este mensaje y sus documentos adjuntos, pueden
contener información privilegiada y/o confidencial que está dirigida
exclusivamente a su destinatario. Si usted recibe este mensaje y no es el
destinatario indicado, o el empleado encargado de su entrega a dicha
persona, por favor, notifíquelo inmediatamente y remita el mensaje original
a la dirección de correo electrónico indicada. Cualquier copia, uso o
distribución no autorizados de esta comunicación queda estrictamente
prohibida.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and the accompanying document(s) may
contain confidential information which is privileged and intended only for
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the
distribution or use of this e-mail and/or accompanying document(s) is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender at the above e-mail address.