[CMake] find_library questions

Dennis Schridde devurandom at gmx.net
Wed Aug 4 04:18:28 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 04 August 2010 10:03:55 Denis Scherbakov wrote:
> >> 1) Is it
possible to

> retrieve the path where find_library found the library?
E.g. so I can setup
> ..._LIBRARY_DIR correctly.
>
> Yes, see
GET_FILENAME_COMPONENT.

> 2) Is it possible to disable the "lib" prefix

that find_library always seems to prepend when searching? I have a library

that is called "thelibrary.so" instead of "libthelibrary.so".

> Yes,
specify name that you want to find. Like "NAMES libMyLib MyLib"
Ah, so NAMES
<name> specifies the literal name, while giving just <name> as a parameter
to find_library will prepend "lib" and append ".so"?
Or is that automatism
also included when specifying NAMES <name>, but more alternatives are
tried?

Thank you for your answers,
Dennis